Website User Terms & Conditions
Last updated January 2, 2016
Welcome to Start on Purpose!
By accessing or using this Website, registering for services offered on the Website, or by accepting, searching, printing, uploading, submitting or downloading any information or content from or to the Website you are agreeing to these Terms and entering into a binding contract with Start on Purpose Corporation, a Washington State corporation, (the “Company”). Do not access the Website, search any of its Directories, (‘Directories”) for product, location, service or funding providers (“Advertisers and Sponsors”) or join Start on Purpose as a member if you are unwilling or unable to be bound by these Terms, which may change from time to time.
Changes to Terms & Conditions
The Company may add, change, discontinue, remove or suspend any portion of the Website, including but not limited to its Directories, its article content, blogs, search reports or other content or services at any time, without notice. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to modify, alter, or otherwise change these Terms and will post any new or revised terms on the Website.
In some instances, both these Terms, separate instructions or end user license agreement setting forth additional conditions may apply to a service or feature offered through this Website ("Additional Terms"). To the extent there is a conflict between these Terms and any Additional Terms, the Additional Terms will control unless the Additional Terms expressly state otherwise.
If you seek to list information about your company, products, or services, either as a paid Advertiser or as part of a free promotion, please see the Company’s Advertiser Terms & Conditions.
This Website is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children. If you are under the age of eighteen (18), you are prohibited from using or accessing this Website.
We may translate these Terms into other languages. However, the English version will govern these Terms and your use of this Website.
Limits of Liability – Advertisers and Sponsors and Third Parties
The Company does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any advertising, services, products or retail establishments available or unavailable from, or through, any of the Advertisers and Sponsors of the Website or the Website’s Directories. Any terms, conditions, representations or warranties associated with your dealings with our Advertisers and Sponsors in the Website or the Website’s Directories, are between you and the respective company, and do not involve the Company. You should make a thorough investigation as you deem appropriate before purchasing or entering into a business relationship with any of the Company’s Website sponsors or advertisers. Any complaints, concerns or questions you may have relating to materials, products or services provided by Advertisers and Sponsors should be forwarded directly to the third party.
You hereby irrevocably waive all rights related to, and release the Company and its subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, employees and agents from, any Liabilities arising from or related to any act or omission of any of the Company’s Website or directory Advertisers and Sponsors in connection with any promotions made available to you through this Website or any products and/or services provided to you.
This Website may provide hyperlinks to third-party websites ("Third Party Sites"), and certain areas of the Website may allow you to conduct transactions or purchase goods or services from or through a third-party. Third-parties and Third-Party Sites may have different privacy policies, terms and conditions and business practices than we do. Your dealings or communications through the Website with any party other than Company are solely between you and that third party. We do not endorse, verify, make any representations, or take responsibility for the content, truthfulness, accuracy, quality or completeness of the content or activities conducted on any Third Party Sites. Any complaints, concerns or questions you may have relating to materials provided by third parties should be forwarded directly to the third party.
You agree that the Company will not under any circumstances, be responsible for any goods, services, resources or content available through any Third party or our Website and directory Advertisers and Sponsor dealings or communications, or for any harm related thereto, or for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with your use or reliance on the content, advertising or business practices of any third party. Reference on the Website to any product, process, publication or service of any third party by trade name, domain name, trademark, trade identity, service mark, trade identity, logo, manufacturer or otherwise does not constitute or imply its endorsement or recommendation by the Company or its Affiliates. Users are requested to inform Company of any errors or inappropriate material found on Third Party Sites to which this Website is or may be linked.
Limits of Liability – Other Content and Website Operations
The Company, its affiliates and its sponsors are neither responsible nor liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, exemplary, punitive, special or other damages arising out of or relating in any way to the Website, Website-related services and/or content or information contained within the site, whether posted by the Company or its Directory or Website Advertisers and Sponsors. Your sole remedy for dissatisfaction with the Website and/or Website-related services is to discontinue your use of the site and/or services.
Except as otherwise required by law, the Company reserves the right at any time to limit access to, modify, change or discontinue any article, feature, service, promotion, advertisement or any other aspect of the Website with or without notice to you and we shall not be liable to you for any such modification, suspension, or discontinuance. You agree that the Company is not liable to you or to any Third party for any such limitation, modification, change, suspension or discontinuance of any article, feature, service, promotion, advertisement or any other aspect of the Website.
Content available at this Website, including any uploaded information, video, articles, how-to’s and questions posed to officers, employees, directors, owners, affiliates and Directory and Website Advertisers and Sponsors, is for informational and entertainment purposes only and is not intended to replace or substitute for any professional financial, accounting, human resources, small business management, legal, or other advice. In addition to other disclaimers and limitations of liability within these Terms, the Company and all of its officers, employees, directors, owners, and affiliates make no representations or warranties and expressly disclaim any and all liability concerning any treatment or action by any person following the information offered or provided within or through the Website. If you have specific concerns or a situation in which you require professional advice, you should consult with an appropriately trained and qualified specialist without delay.
The Website is owned and operated by Start on Purpose Corporation. This Website and all of its past, current and future content, such as articles, opinions, other text, directories, databases, guides, photographs, illustrations, designs, compilations, images, video and audio clips and advertising copy, as well as the trademarks, logos, domain names, trade names, service marks, trade identities, any and all copyrightable material (including source and object code), and all other materials related to the "look and feel" of the Website, and any other form of intellectual property (collectively, the "Content") is owned by or licensed to the Company or other authorized third parties and is protected as intellectual property or otherwise. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms or expressly granted to you in writing by the Company, no rights (either by implication, estoppel or otherwise) are granted to you.
If you believe that your work has been copied on the Website in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please promptly submit the information required below to the following postal address: P.O. Box 1446, Issaquah, WA 98027:
1. your name address, telephone number and email address;
2. a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
3. a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Website;
4. a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law;
5. a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are either the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf; and
6. an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest.
We have a policy of terminating the accounts of users who (in our reasonable discretion) are repeat infringers.
If you create an account, you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password, if any, and agree you will not sell, duplicate, transfer or assign your account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, if any, and for restricting access to your computer or other Internet-enabled devices so that others may not access any password protected portion of the Website using your name, user name or password in whole or in part. If you join as a member, you expressly agree not to alter your contact or address information for the purpose of obtaining different information within the Company’s Directories, for example, the Funding Directory or the Professional Service Directory, or other content that may not be generally available to all members who reside in different cities, counties, states, provinces or countries. The Company or Website may, at its sole discretion, enforce limitations to its member's ability to change contact or address information or search for information that in Company's sole discretion is outside of the service intent and spirit of the Website, which may change from time to time without notice.
This Website or its Advertisers and Sponsors may offer promotions, sweepstakes, coupons or other incentives, which may be governed by a separate set of rules that describe the promotion and may have eligibility requirements, such as certain age or geographic area restrictions. It is your responsibility to read those rules to determine whether or not your participation, registration or entry will be valid and to determine the requirements of you in connection with the applicable promotion. Further, the Company is not responsible for any lost or stolen promotion-related indicators, references, numbers or codes that might be made available to you through this Website. Any promotion made available to you through this Website is void where prohibited.
In order to use the Website, you must obtain access to the Internet, either directly or through devices that access web-based content, and pay any service fees associated with such access. In addition, you must provide all equipment necessary to make such connection to the Internet, including a computer and modem or other access device.
You may only use the Content as expressly set forth in these Terms. UNAUTHORIZED USE, COPYING, REPRODUCTION, MODIFICATION, REPUBLISHING, UPLOADING, DOWNLOADING, POSTING, TRANSMITTING, DISTRIBUTING, DUPLICATING, REMOVAL OR ALTERATION OF ADVERTISING OR ANY OTHER MISUSE OF ANY OF THE CONTENT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. FURTHER, YOU MAY NOT DECOMPILE OR DISASSEMBLE, REVERSE ENGINEER OR OTHERWISE ATTEMPT TO DISCOVER ANY SOURCE CODE OR CONTENT, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, CONTAINED IN THE WEBSITE OR ITS SERVICES.
You further represent, warrant and agree not to do any of the following while using the Website:
1. Harass, stalk, promote racial hatred, bigotry or discrimination, solicit personal information from minors, submit or transmit pornography, terrorism or illegal acts, sexually exploit, violently exploit, act violently toward or otherwise abuse another user, member or Product, Service or Funding Provider; or is otherwise objectionable (as determined by Company in its sole discretion);
2. Transmit any content, databases, information, or software that is unlawful, plagiarizes, or violates any third party’s rights, including any breach of confidence, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, intellectual property or proprietary right;
3. Record, process, mine or use any robot, spider, site search and retrieval application or other automated device, process or means to access Website content, our members or information within our Directories;
4. Access, retrieve or index any port of the Website for purposes of populating or constructing a searchable database, mailing lists, email lists, industry lists or lists of promotions offered at the Website;
5. Take any action that imposes, or may impose, in our sole discretion, an unreasonably or disproportionately large traffic demands on the Website;
6. Use the Website or any Website content to transmit any computer viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, time bombs, spyware, bots, any automated use of the system, such as scripts, or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files or post material that interferes with any third party's uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Website, interferes with or disrupts the Website or servers or networks connected to the Website or disobeys any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Website;
7. Remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of the Website;
8. Remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with the search and reporting operations of the Website’s Directories or cause changes to the reporting and priority of the display of Product, Service or Funding Providers;
9. Upload, download, post, e-mail, transmit, display, distribute, promote or otherwise make available (collectively, "Transmit") any material that is false, harmful, threatening, abusive, tortuous, defamatory, libelous, disparaging (including disparaging of the Company, its officers, directors, employees and Product, Service or Funding Providers), anything that adversely affects the Company’s business such as discouraging any person or entity from advertising with, linking to or supplying Company or Affiliates
10. Use sexually suggestive imagery or other unfair, misleading or deceptive content intended to draw traffic to a specific Website location or Profile Page
11. Impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity, or otherwise disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the Website or to Company, including forging or manipulating any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any transmission to the Website for any reason;
12. Impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your personal contact information and/or address as an existing member or as a potential member to misuse, circumvent, exploit, share, profit, bypass, obstruct or work around search rules of any of the Company’s Directories, including, but not limited to the Company’s funding directory, product, tools and apps directory or professional service provider directory, beyond the intent, purpose or spirit of the Directory design.
13. Post information about your products, services or other capabilities in the Company’s Directories, which are not directly relevant to the normal expectation of the types of products, services or other capabilities the public would reasonably expect from such a business provider in a specific product or service category;
14. Transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, requests for money, petitions for signature, or any other form of solicitation or offer for sale of any products or services, except in areas specifically designated for such purposes; or
15. Encourage, promote, solicit or commit conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, federal or international law, rule or regulation or otherwise make available any material that exploits or harms any individual, corporation or other entity;
16. Disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to "scroll" faster than other users of the Website are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to engage in real time exchanges;
17. Solicit or collect personal data including, without limitation, telephone numbers, addresses, last names or email addresses, about other users.
18. Use the Website to violate the security of any computer network, crack passwords or security encryption codes to access or cause harm to the Website or Website content.
19. You may not harvest personal data, including email addresses, from this site for solicitation purposes, including for non-profit organization membership or donations.
You are solely responsible for your interaction with other users of this Website, whether online or offline. We are not responsible or liable for the conduct of any user. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor or become involved in disputes between you and other users.
No Spam Policy
You understand and agree that sending unsolicited email advertisements to StartOnPurpose.com or StartonPurpose.com email addresses or through the Company's affiliates' computer systems, which is expressly prohibited by these Terms, may use or cause to be used servers located in California. Any unauthorized use of Company or its affiliates' computer systems is a violation of these Terms and certain federal and state laws, including without limitation the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (18 U.S.C. § 1030 et seq.), Section 502 of the California Penal Code and Section 17538.45 of the California Business and Professions Code plus other applicable laws of Washington State. Such violations may subject the sender and his or her agents to civil and criminal penalties.
If you link to this Website, the link must be in plain text, unless otherwise pre-approved in writing by Company. The link to this Website must not damage, dilute or tarnish the goodwill associated with any Company names or any other Company intellectual property, nor may the link create the false appearance that your website or organization is sponsored, endorsed by, affiliated or associated with Company or its Affiliates. You may not "frame" or create a border around this Website or alter its intellectual property or Content in any way. You may not link to the Website from a site that is unlawful, abusive, indecent or obscene, that promotes violence or illegal acts, that contains expressions of racism, that is libelous, defamatory, scandalous, or inflammatory or is other inappropriate (in Company's sole discretion). Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate a link with any website that it deems inappropriate or inconsistent with this Website or these Terms.
YOU AGREE THAT USE OF THE WEBSITE AND ITS SERVICES ARE ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL CONTENT, SOFTWARE AND FUNCTIONS MADE AVAILABLE ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH OR SENT FROM THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS," "AS AVAILABLE," AND "WITH ALL FAULTS". TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OR ENDORSEMENTS OF ANY KIND WHATSOVER, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT:
1. THE WEBSITE;
2. THE CONTENT AND SOFTWARE ON AND PROVIDED THROUGH THE WEBSITE;
3. THE FUNCTIONS MADE ACCESSIBLE ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE WEBSITE;
4. THE MESSAGES AND INFORMATION SENT FROM THE WEBSITE BY USERS;
5. ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED VIA THE WEBSITE OR HYPERTEXT LINKS TO THIRD PARTIES;
6. SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF SENSITIVE INFORMATION THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR ANY LINKED SITE. THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE, ANY OF THE WEBSITE'S FUNCTIONS OR ANY CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS;
7. THE CONTENT OR LACK OF CONTENT PROVIDED WITHIN ITS DIRECTORIES; AND/OR
8. THE ABILITY OF MEMBERS AND NON-MEMBERS TO RAISE MONEY FOR THEIR BUSINESSES OR OPERATE A BUSINESS SUCCESSFULLY.
THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR ACTIVITIES OR USE OF THE WEBSITE IS LAWFUL IN ANY PARTICULAR JURISDICTION AND, IN ANY EVENT, COMPANY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS SUCH WARRANTIES. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT BY USING ANY OF THE FEATURES OF THE WEBSITE, YOU ACT AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOUR ACTIVITIES ARE LAWFUL IN EVERY JURISDICTION WHERE YOU ACCESS OR USE THE WEBSITE OR THE CONTENT. FURTHER, COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES.
INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND TITLE.
THE COMPANY OR ITS AFFILIATES OR THE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES OF EACH OF THEM SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE USE OF THE WEBSITE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE CONTENT AND ANY ERRORS CONTAINED THEREIN. SOME JURISDICTIONS LIMIT OR DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED OR OTHER WARRANTIES SO THE ABOVE DISCLAIMER MAY NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT SUCH JURISDICTION'S LAW IS APPLICABLE TO THIS AGREEMENT
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT COMPANY LIMITS ITS LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AS SET FORTH BELOW:
NEITHER COMPANY NOR THE AFFILIATES ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO ANY USER'S COMPUTER, HARDWARE, COMPUTER SOFTWARE OR OTHER EQUIPMENT OR TECHNOLOGY INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGE FROM ANY SECURITY BREACH OR FROM ANY VIRUS, BUGS, TAMPERING, FRAUD, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER LINE OR NETWORK FAILURE OR ANY OTHER TECHNICAL OR OTHER MALFUNCTION.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL COMPANY AND THE AFFILIATES OR THE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES OF EACH OF THEM (COLLECTIVELY, THE "COMPANY ENTITIES AND INDIVIDUALS"), BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, ECONOMIC OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES), THAT ARE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO:
1. THIS WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENT;
2. THE USE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR PERFORMANCE OF THE WEBSITE;
3. ANY ACTION TAKEN IN CONNECTION WITH AN INVESTIGATION BY COMPANY OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES REGARDING YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR CONTENT;
4. ANY ACTION TAKEN IN CONNECTION WITH COPYRIGHT OWNERS; OR
5. ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE WEBSITE'S TECHNICAL OPERATION, EVEN IF COMPANY OR THE AFFILIATES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THOSE DAMAGES WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY TORT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMATTION, WHETHER CAUSES IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY NEGLIGENCE, ACTS OF GOD, TELECOMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, OR THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF THE WEBSITE).
IN NO EVENT WILL COMPANY ENTITIES AND INDIVIDUALS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR LOSS OR INJURY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION IN THESE TERMS, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE COMPANY, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATE ENTITIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY REASON RELATED OR ANY CAUSE OF ACTION WHATSOEVER IN AN AMOUNT GREATER THAN SIXTY DOLLARS ($60).
YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS AT YOUR RISK. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE WEBSITE OR ANY OF THE CONTENT, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE ACCESSING AND USING THE WEBSITE OR THE CONTENT.
YOU RECOGNIZE AND CONFIRM THAT IN THE EVENT YOU INCUR ANY DAMAGES, LOSSES OR INJURIES THAT ARISE OUT OF COMPANY'S ACTS OR OMISSIONS, THE DAMAGES, IF ANY, CAUSED TO YOU ARE NOT IRREPARABLE OR SUFFICIENT TO ENTITLE YOU TO AN INJUNCTION PREVENTING ANY EXPLOITATION OF ANY WEBSITE, PROPERTY, PRODUCT, PROGRAM, POD CAST, TELEVISION SHOW, OR OTHER AUDIO/VISUAL CONTENT OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY COMPANY AND/OR ITS AFFILIATES, AND YOU WILL HAVE NO RIGHTS TO ENJOIN OR RESTRAIN THE DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCTION, DISTRIBUTION, ADVERTISING, EXHIBITION OR EXPLOITATION OF ANY COMPANY WEBSITE, PROPERTY, PRODUCT, PROGRAM, TELEVISION SHOW, OR OTHER AUDIO/VISUAL CONTENT OR ANY AND ALL ACTIVITIES OR ACTIONS RELATED THERETO.
BY ACCESSING THIS WEBSITE, I UNDERSTAND THAT I MAY BE WAIVING RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO CLAIMS THAT ARE AT THIS TIME UNKNOWN OR UNSUSPECTED, AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH SUCH WAIVER, I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND, AND HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVE, THE BENEFITS OF LAWS OF ANY STATE OR TERRITORY, WHICH PROVIDES AS FOLLOWS:
"A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR."
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Company, its subsidiaries, officers, directors and employees from and against any actual or alleged claims, demands, causes of action, judgments, damages, losses, liabilities, and all costs and expenses of defense (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' and other legal fees and costs) arising out of or relating to: (1) your use of the Website; (2) your violation of these Terms or any law, rule or regulation; (3) your use of the Content; or (4) or any of your saved search report results from use of the Company’s Directories. You will cooperate as fully and reasonably as required by Company or the Affiliates in the defense of any claim. Company reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you, and you will not in any event settle any claim without the prior written consent of Company.
Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
You understand and agree that, because damages are often difficult to quantify, if it becomes necessary for Company to pursue legal action to enforce these Terms, you will be liable to pay Company the following amounts as liquidated damages, which you accept as reasonable estimates of Company's' damages for the specified breaches of these Terms:
1. If you join by (a) impersonating any person or entity; (b) falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; or (c) that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person's explicit consent, you agree to pay Company one thousand dollars ($1,000) for each such membership.
2. If you send unsolicited email advertisements to www.StartOnPurpose.com or www.StartonPurpose.com email addresses or "bounce off" of www.StartonPurpose.com email addresses or through the Company's or its affiliates' computer systems, you agree to pay the Company twenty five dollars ($25) for each such email.
3. If you aggregate, display, copy, duplicate, reproduce, or otherwise exploit for any purpose any Content (except for your own Content) in violation of these Terms without Company's express written permission, you agree to pay Company three thousand dollars ($3,000) for each day on which you engage in such conduct.
You understand and agree that Company will determine your compliance with these Terms or Any Additional Terms in its sole discretion, including, without limitation, if Company believes that you have acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of these Terms. Company reserves the right to deny access to all or part of the Website to any person, delete or deactivate accounts, or otherwise terminate access to or use of any part of the Website, including its Directories, immediately and without notice in its sole discretion including terminating a membership. Any violation of these Terms or any Additional Terms may be referred to law enforcement authorities. Upon termination of your user account or access to the Website, or upon demand by Company, you must destroy all materials obtained from this Website and all related documentation. Further, you agree that Company shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the Website. Further, you agree not to attempt to use the Service, including its Directories, after said termination.
You agree that these Terms or any Additional Terms will not be construed against Company by virtue of having drafted these Terms. If any provision of these Terms or any Additional Terms is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms or any Additional Terms, which will remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any of these Terms or any Additional Terms will be of any force or effect unless made in writing and signed by a duly authorized officer of Company. The section titles in these Terms are for your convenience only and do not have any legal or contractual effect.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about our Website or these Website Terms & Conditions, you may contact us at P.O. Box 1446, Issaquah, WA, 98027.
These Terms were last updated on January 2, 2016.